Quick Links

Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Main Navigation


Lee, Elizabeth

Sign up for the News Update.

Sub Navigation


Home > breadcrumbs: Departments > breadcrumbs: Guidance > breadcrumbs: Lee, Elizabeth >


Ajax Loading Image


Social Work Services at MCHS

All About Ms. Lee

by Liz Lee-Pluskota

What does the social worker do?

The school social worker helps students with any socio-emotional concerns that may be interfering with their ability to function at school. The social worker typically spends most of the day counseling students individually or in a group setting, covering a wide variety of topics from dating, peer problems, stress, anxiety and depression, to substance abuse and family issues. The social worker also serves as a resource person for faculty, administration, parents and students; and, coordinates any necessary services between family, school, and outside agencies and organizations.

Who can see the social worker?

Any MCHS student and/or parent. Students can refer themselves to see the social worker, or a friend, parent, faculty, staff, or administrator, too, can refer someone for social work services.

How do I go about seeing the social worker?

For parents, please call 815-941-5333 (direct line) or e-mail: elee@morrishs.org  to set up an appointment.

For students, stop by the Guidance Office and simply ask to see the social worker.

Who is the social worker at MCHS?

Ms. Lee has been the social worker at MCHS since 1997.  She has a bachelor's degree in sociology from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and a master's degree in social work from the University of Illinois-Chicago.


Back To Top