May 29th, 2020
- We will not be able to have Prom this year. While I know most of you already realized this, we evaluated several options before making this decision. Money that was fundraised for Prom belongs with class accounts and cannot be cashed out, so it will be allocated toward future Prom costs.
- Freshmen through juniors are reminded that we did NOT have a drop-off day for your books or Chromebooks. We will announce plans for taking care of that later this summer or fall, so please keep those items at home for now.
- Freshmen through juniors who could not make it to the PE locker pick-up day, your items have been placed in storage until we reopen. Your regular locker contents remain there.
- Summer school Behind-the-Wheel Driver Education is not legally allowed in Illinois right now.
- Seniors who still have books for AP exams or any other reason may return those to MCHS on Monday, June 1 between 11 A.M. and 12 noon. You may bring them to the auditorium lobby entrance by the main office.
- I am aware that the smugmug website with graduates' photos is difficult to navigate. The pictures are in the order they were taken (roughly but not exactly alphabetical based on students' arrival) with a large number of "behind the scenes" shots separating Day 1 from Day 2. If you cannot find your child's pictures, please be patient in scrolling all the way down the page until you reach the very end.
- For the fall semester, we are awaiting guidance and considering several scenarios that could include remote learning, in-person instruction, or a hybrid of the two. Our school calendar is subject to change if necessary, and we will communicate any such changes and plans as soon as we have information to share. It may be a while, and any plans we announce may change.
I want to thank you for your patience, especially those of you who have expressed kindness and understanding of the challenges we are facing. We will likely have more difficult decisions ahead.